You have decided to dip your toe into training, whether it is running, walking, biking, swimming, or even a triathlon. Maybe you are further along in training and are aiming for an Ironman. No matter what level you aim for, there are resources out there to help in your training.
You may be a reader and enjoy reviewing a book to determine how to train. Maybe you enjoy going on-line or meeting in-person with a coach. Whichever direction, you prefer, there are many resources out there. The tough part is sorting through to determine what direction works best for you, your lifestyle, and your training plans. I’m happy to share some that are out there that may be a good resource for you.
- “A 12-Week Triathlon Training Plan for Beginners” By Jason Schneider
- “10 Week Sprint Distance Program – Beginner” by tri-newbies online
- “5k Training Plans” by Jenny Hadfield
- Complete Tri, a resource for triathletes, runners, cyclists and swimmers offering training guidance to gear reviews
- Strength training for triathletes: The complete program to build triathlon power, speed, and muscular endurance by Patrick S. Hagerman
- IronFit triathlon training for women: Training programs and secrets for success in all triathlon distances by
- The triathlete’s training bible: The world’s most comprehensive training guide by Joe
What types of resources would you recommend to add to this list?